Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Shadow

You only need to see my shadow
to understand my place
this stalwart friend
who holds his ground
a conviction – unlike the rest.

Others see an image cast
as if it were a certainty
as if he and I were one
but I see two separate lives
each with its own –
intercepting light.

Our views are often different
I may lean towards the left
and he more towards the right
but no matter where we stand
on these heated days
in the end – we stand together
and we always –
stand as friends.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. I am actually enjoying all of the poems here. This part:

    "I may lean towards the left
    and he more towards the right
    but no matter where we stand
    on these heated days
    in the end – we stand together"

    Profound thought.

    ReplyDelete