Sunday, February 22, 2015

Of The Soul


Her eyes
take in the breath of my heart…
with each beat –
and the clouds weep…
when embraced,
as does anger
and love –
these human acts
convulsed by change
correlated
by the bounty of truth
or the vision born…
by the old
seen by the tribes of youth –
and in the end
the roses still grow
and so does war
poverty
and man –
but heal the soul
to watch the action…
of the power of one – grow.


Her eyes
take in the breath of my heart…
with each beat –
as she cast a vote
which tells the truth…
of good and bad –
and of the soul.

3 comments:

  1. Hello David. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and how are you? I am glad you are still writing. :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and how are you? I am glad you are still writing. :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia; what a pleasant surprise to hear from you. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I’ve been away in Spain walking the Camino de Santiago. In regards to writing - sadly, I don’t do that much these days; I have the urges, but have ignored them. My current project is trying to help soldiers with PTSD: https://www.gofundme.com/RoyalCamino Regardless, I am so pleased you stopped by to say hi. I don’t check this site often, but will try to do so more in the future. Hope all is well. Take care. Cheers, Dave

      Delete