Sunday, January 29, 2012

Have You Seen My Angel

There are a million stories
who can tell them all
from where I was
to where I am.


Have you seen my angel
the one that looks for me
with wide wings and round eyes
have you heard her sing.


All I wanted -
was a breath..... of air
just before I drowned
- it’s very dark
between these walls
but once you’re there
it’s only you.


Now I watch the others
disappear -
but they don’t even know.


Have you seen my angel
she is my willow –
my weeping tree
long arms, she wraps around -
holds me...


In the shadowed ground – I sit
moments of delivery
closed eyes; I watch the fallen
as my angel .....
keeps my tears –
hidden from the others
as she watches -
over me.

2 comments:

  1. "All I wanted -
    was a breath..... of air
    just before I drowned
    - it’s very dark
    between these walls
    but once you’re there
    it’s only you."

    I can relate. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels sad, but what a beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete