Friday, October 19, 2012

Remember The Truth

A bit on the dark side, but life does have its shadows at times.  Nonetheless, this is no reflection of me, just to remind you that I write in a first person perspective of imagination. :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Do you remember all the lies
because I only remember the truth
and every day you drank from me
what happiness, now lies beneath.


Then you dragged me to a street
called emptiness -
under a lamppost......
which reflected all your darkness
and pushed away the light.


So now, your shadow entwines me
like a tightly tethered rope
a boxer in a corner
pummelled beyond a hope.


Do you remember all the lies
because I only remember the truth.


Yet in the gutter, now he sits
devoid of sympathy and youth
because even that you stole
when you took away the truth
and buried it -
beneath your lies
where even all your shadows lay
terrified -
by that pantomime of light
reflected, in your eyes.


Do you remember all the lies
because I only remember the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment