Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Languish

Dizzy - walking off the line
like a heavy fog
I no longer see the signs.

Through the gate
like an off kiltered weight
balanced undefined
swinging…on hinges
unfocused in my mind.

A creak, a groan
an occasional moan
left with cornered thoughts
while sitting all alone.

Languishing with visions
in this palatial mind
compartmentalized
broken and divided
filled with echoes never heard
nor words defined.

In this mind, I languish
and pine away…
yearning for a life I bought
with my underpinning thoughts
besotted and with fears
as I languish in my ways
for those much more
simpler days.

10 comments:

  1. poignant! i just love how you write David! keep it up..its raw and profound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...nice....i pine for those simpler days...poignant one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid, melancholic work. Relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a remarkable piece. Well said my fellow Canadian. Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed it thanks for wording a nice sentimental piece...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughtful work. Really great piece here. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can relate to languishing of simpler days and like how you describe the state of mind associated with the visions. Fine poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a thought provoking piece, hmm I can relate... JH (nice poem)

    ReplyDelete
  9. its a wonder how much the brain records. Even the unseen and the unheard...

    Have you ever thought of meditation?

    ReplyDelete
  10. a wonderful share with one stop cheers pete

    ReplyDelete