Thursday, January 27, 2011

My saturated stems

Although my roots are deep,
my mourning leans towards death;
drown these sorrows on the eve of a
silver lake, so I may sleep amongst my
earthen friends - long since gone,
to rest.

I reach with withered sticks,
tangled limbs towards grey
skies, crying - bare trunk,
once a soul, now left -
alone.

Swirling underneath,
such currents rage
this calm appearance,
surface, but a stage.

Twisted roots
Gnarled,
at the base
I can no longer
see ahead,
nor wish
to face.

My saturated stems.

3 comments:

  1. mmm...it is often what we can not see that tells the real tale of a tree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Absolutely brilliant. Such a perfect metaphor for your "burden". Just know that among these truths, so eloquently penned, also comes the inevitable reality of the budding Spring.

    Your friend,
    Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tale of the treat... I enjoyed. Thanks

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-seed-and-senseless-living.html
    At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete