Friday, July 30, 2010

She drew a circle

She drew a circle upon her arm,
a closed and thoughtful mind within.

A tunnel view or a mind askew?

To breach the walls to enter the realm,
deep within the circle,
to reach the helm.

A fortress mind, of thought and skill
Years of living, tight within.
Always searching - where to begin.

Circle the wagons, circle the thoughts
No one enters, no one leaves
she is left, but does she grieve?

When the circle closes,
does it lock everyone out, or
does it lock her in - only to spin,
only to shout.

Do we stand off to the side,
always willing to abide.
Her thoughtless ways,
not meant to harm,
not meant to charm.

To breach the walls we try and try,
only left to sit and cry; she knows not why.
She only cares for thoughts within.

If I walk away today,
will she circle the wagons, and circle her thoughts.
Will she justify, as have and have not’s.
Will she care, or will she wave.

Will she open her circle,
and willing to save.
Not just her, but me the brave.

I can only breech the walls so far,
then I tumble, then I scar.

Close your mind, or close your will,
I fear it’s you, who will end,
by sitting still.

She drew a circle upon her arm,
a closed and thoughtful mind within.

I hope she sees the wisdom,

I hope she lets me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment